On Wednesday 23rd March the Chancellor, George Osborne presented his 2011 Budget, the Chancellor described his second Budget as one ‘for enduring growth and jobs’.
- Corporation tax reduced by 2% from April 2011
- Business rate relief ‘holiday’ extended to October 2012
- Fuel duty cut by 1p a litre as of 6pm 23.03.2011
- Further rise in personal allowance from April 2012
- Entrepreneurs’ Relief doubled to 10 million from April
Our taxation and audit partners Shaw Gibbs LLP have provided an in-depth guide to the Budget and the key points covered in Wednesday’s. Please do contact them if you have any questions about how this Budget will affect you and your business. Budget report 2011