Business Garage continues bringing you our round-up of positive news stories for SME’s and Oxfordshire:
- Yesterday the government announced its roadmap out of lockdown with school children returning on 8th March and outdoor meetings of up to 6 people from 29th March; non-essential shops and indoor leisure facilities reopening on 12th April; up to 6 people meeting indoors and indoor hospitality returning from 17th May; and legal limits to social contact lifted from 21st June. However, each step will be carefully monitored and moving to the next step dependent on what is happening with the vaccination programme, mortality and hospitalisation rates, and new variants.
- The new UK Centre for Greening Finance & Investment will make the environment its focus in sustainable, ‘greener’ finance and investment. Based at the University of Oxford, the research centre will receive £10 million in government funding.
- OxLEP Business are offering support and running a series of events to support Oxfordshire SMEs adapting to life after Brexit. OxLEP can provide specialist advice on importing and exporting, regulations, business and legal requirements, energy and climate, public procurement, IP and UK EU Funding.
- Harwell Science & Innovation Campus is one of the fastest growing science and technology sites in the UK. Strong demand for life sciences has continued to drive development. The Vaccines Manufacturing and Innovation Centre was established in May 2020, the Rosalind Franklin Institute was completed in January 2021 and work has started on a new multidisciplinary building, Zeus.
- SME’s are feeling positive about 2021 and preparing for recovery, according to Barclaycard’s SME Barometer. 80% are planning to invest over the next 12 months, particularly in new equipment and technology (32%) and marketing (28%). SME’s have made big changes during the pandemic with many reducing staff numbers and/or adopting homeworking. Contact Business Garage for SME support you can trust.
Look out for Business Garage’s Revival Plan coming soon! Business Garage is passionate about helping SMEs. We love taking care of your paperwork, so you can spend your time growing your business.
Business Garage provide professional, reliable support with financial management, bookkeeping, payroll, HR consultancy and HR advice, and business strategy. Contact us to arrange a free consultation for your business.
Share your business good news story with us at [email protected] – we would love to hear from you!