Business Garage continues our mission to bring you light and positivity with the latest good news stories for SME’s and Oxfordshire:
- Kickstart Scheme has removed the criterion of a minimum of 30 placements, so small businesses can now create a new job placement for 16-24 year olds who are on Universal Credit. The employer will receive 100% of the national minimum wage (or the national living wage depending on age) for 25 hours per week for a total of 6 months; associated employer national insurance contributions; employer minimum pension contributions. The employer also gets £1,500 funding per job placement to cover set-up costs and support the young person to develop their employability skills.
- Oxford City Council are developing a masterplan to transform, improve and revitalise the Covered Market with work due to start in 2022. Good news for retailers and anyone thinking about leasing premises there.
- Leading legal firm Crossland Employment Solicitors has become employee-owned, recognising the valuable contribution of everyone to their success.
- October 2020 saw a record number of new companies set up in Oxfordshire: 5,363, which is a 6.1% increase on 2019. Visit Inform Direct for more detail.
- Abingdon & Witney College have a new state of the art Oxfordshire Construction Skills Academy in Bicester. The academy offers apprenticeships in property maintenance, plumbing, gas engineering, electrical installation, carpentry and joinery. Employers can connect with the academy to find an apprentice.
Share your business good news story with us at [email protected] – we would love to hear from you!
Business Garage provide professional, reliable support with financial management, bookkeeping, payroll, HR consultancy and HR advice, and business strategy. Contact us to arrange a free consultation for your business.