Business Garage is on a mission to bring you some light and positivity. Here we highlight recent good news stories for Oxfordshire:
- PwC’s Good Growth for Cities Report showed that Oxford has been more resilient than most cities during the pandemic, taking into account different factors around economic wellbeing. Oxford was the 7th least impacted big city in the UK in 2020. Oxford performed particularly well in the categories of new businesses, jobs, health, income and skills.
- Experience Oxfordshire has launched a digital marketing campaign #DreamOxfordshire to support local businesses and attract future visitors to the region once restrictions ease.
- Oxford PV’s revolutionary solar technology achieved a new world record converting 29.52% of solar energy into electricity by a single solar cell, compared to an average rate of 15-20%. Oxford PV are working on increasing this above 30% to generate even more renewable energy.
- Oxford’s Kassam Stadium has now been set up as a vaccination centre starting with front-line patient-facing staff and is expected to handle up to 10,000 vaccinations per week.
- Navenio, a spin off from Oxford University, provides infrastructure-free indoor location solutions to power a range of apps and platforms. Their technology is used by healthcare professionals so Navenio have focused on supporting this sector in particular during the pandemic. Navenio has been selected for Tech Nation’s Upscale Programme to support their growth.
- The Great Big Art Exhibition 2021 has just been launched to encourage everyone across the UK to get creative and showcase their own artwork in their front windows. To take part, visit: https://firstsite.uk/
Share your business good news story with us at [email protected] – we would love to hear from you!
Business Garage provide professional, reliable support with financial management, bookkeeping, payroll, HR consultancy and HR advice, and business strategy. Contact us to arrange a free consultation for your business.